More free oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peterc38

Feeling the Heat
Sep 10, 2009
Maine
I've scored close to 6 cords of free oak in the last couple months. Here is another load being added to the pile.

There is more where this came from too :)

IMG_0852.jpg

Great score! I am kinda favor'n that trailer!

Man of Stihl said:
Great score! I am kinda favor'n that trailer!

+1

That's some beautiful stuff. Sometimes when splitting red oak, I almost feel guilty. I think what gorgeous cabinets or flooring or furniture it might make. But then when I put it in the stove on a cold February night, the guilt "melts" away. :lol:

azsteven said:
I'll bite. Where are you getting it from? Your land, scrounged, what?

It's all from scrounging!

Nice scrounge. How do the hinges on your tailgate work? Is it just on and off with the tailgate or does it swing open on the pins as well? The spring loaded retracting pins on mine are pretty hosed and I am looking for a simpler solution. One that allows it to swing open instead of just as a tailgate or spreading door would be ideal.

Great score Peter. That will give you some fine burning....after you leave it stacked for quite some time. Seasons pretty slow but is worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.