More heat from my 25 pdvc englander??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long have you had it running?

You might want to include a pic of said small black thing.. it could be lots of things.
And if you are trying to heat the whole house with the pdvc.. while i am sure it is possible with an open floor plan and tight walls with good insulation i think you are expecting way too much.
Easiest way to get more heat is to get the stove sized to heat the space.

But with that said, some pellets do burn much hotter than others. Try other pellets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 158
Says amp on it noticed one of my blue vac had a good size crack in the end fixed that now taller flame and more heat on 9 still not sure what that little black thing is though.

Top right hand corner in the picture. See the little wire going across the black box things with a screw ...thats the thermostat jumper

Attachments

• 5ampfuse.JPG
    5ampfuse.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: Lyonsden2016
Found the jumper way down on the bottom! So I don't think it's that no real difference in flame from 1-9 no real heat difference either?
That jumper belongs on the board somewhere.. just need to figure out where it goes

Any idea where this might go???
I dont know if the jumpers are the same for mine.. i have a pdv not pdvc.. maybe chrisasst Could take a pic of his for you?

idk.. dont really see anything like that on my panel.
Been a while since i had mine out and cant get to easily to look.. maybe the boards dont have them.

There is one of these blocks that came with the new smart stove that I bought two months ago . Talk to a tech at England stoves . He said that it was taped inside the control panel ,for use by owners . When you call england stoves for help they say they can tell you how to use it to run diagnostics on stove.

Reactions: Lyonsden2016
There is one of these blocks that came with the new smart stove that I bought two months ago . Talk to a tech at England stoves . He said that it was taped inside the control panel ,for use by owners . When you call england stoves for help they say they can tell you how to use it to run diagnostics on stove.
Cool thanks

Looks like a circuit board jumper. It sits on two small pins to complete one circuit or another....

Status
Not open for further replies.