Morning reload

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
It's beautiful how easily it takes off when it's -2 outside. Half of the splits were on fire by the time I got the thing loaded up.

Matt

Only 3 here this morning and same thing for me.
Tossed in 2 small splits and the lit immediately.
Right now its 3 outside and 73 inside.
I love seeing that!

Well, I loaded this morning when I got up around 4. I just got home at about quarter after 3, raked the coals forward and threw some splits on. Due to bad planning by me I threw them flat side down so I had to blow a few times to get them to touch off.

People are always interested how long you can get with a load. I put a full load in this morning and 11 hours later I can reload without relighting the fire with a 25ft 5.5" lined and insulated external chimney. The temperatures affecting draft were -2 this morning to 15 now. Wood was mixed hardwoods, but nothing special... I don't remember anything particularly dense.

Matt

Once again we are thanking the Great Lakes for keeping our temperatures from dipping too low. Last night was supposed to be much colder than we got but I don't think we got below 19 overnight. Fire went 12 hours before I put more in. House stayed around 80 all night. No, we don't mind having the house that warm. In fact, we love it. If we had higher humidity then for sure that would be very uncomfortable but the humidity is low so it feels good.

Been cold enough here to load the stove up been getting great burn time and a lot of heat.

It's beautiful how easily it takes off when it's -2 outside. Half of the splits were on fire by the time I got the thing loaded up.

Matt

You got to love it.We can come down in the basement 12 hours after starting a fire and reload and get a fire going with just the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.