Morso 1410 - 4" Pipe OK?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hearthen

Jan 17, 2014
Peterborough, NH
Hi everyone,

First post, thanks for going easy on me. Already have a 4" chimney straight up through the roof for a stove I will no longer buy. Could I use the stovepipe with a Morso 1410 and a 6"-4" reducer?

Advise?

Thanks,
-Owen

Welcome Owen. I don't think you can do this. What was connected to the 4" previously? This is usually pellet or gas stove pipe size which is not rated for wood burning. Also, you are not permitted to reduce the size of the flue pipe.

It's unused Selkirk Metalbestos pipe.

I'm trying to see if I can still use this pipe. Any other heating suggestions for a small space that use this 4" pipe?

I don't think they make a 4" class A for wood. Look on the pipe for a label for it's rating. Could be the only option is a pellet stove (if rated for this) or a gas stove (if rated for this application).

Status
Not open for further replies.