moved into a house with a (The Earth Stove)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pse1313

Nov 7, 2016
Jerome, Idaho
I have a 100 series earth stove with the ceramic madalion (well it used to have it) on the door I went to a local fire place store and purchased a new gasket the grove is 1 inch wide so the clerk sold me the 1 inch size gasket. I placed the gasket in the grove after applying the glue then put the door back on the stove the door would not shut without alot of pressure applied to the door while doing this the little door latch broke off and now I am left with 1 door latch I think I should have used a smaller size gasket my question is how to replace the latch or can I drill a hole in the door and fab one. I would be willing to buy a new door if I could find one on the internet, ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT!

Post some pics. I have worked on a few earthstoves but not enough to know the latch off the top of my head. and yeah It sounds like you used to large a gasket it may need a flat gasket not round rope.

Post some pics. I have worked on a few earthstoves but not enough to know the latch off the top of my head. and yeah It sounds like you used to large a gasket it may need a flat gasket not round rope.

Attachments

• IMG_1604.JPG
    IMG_1604.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1603.JPG
    IMG_1603.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 143
I would look for the right latch but I am sure you could fab one up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.