Moveing, free boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozzie88

May 13, 2011
maine
I built this indoor updraft boiler 3 years ago been working fine, An thinking about moveing to FL. do to major back problems and on disablity and to sell I may have to move boiler. In maine it is ok now to have two boilers but my homemade is not ul listed. Will give boiler to get it moved,it does come apart and the storage tanks are 4 seperte tanks. I use 4-41/2 cord per year house and basement house is 1000 sq, feet. It is hooked up see it run before take apart.
Like I said i am just thinking about this now but will be this spring when I list house and wanted to know what kind of feed back I may get by doing it this way? Have photos and more info, put in my user name and i think my post will pop up with photos,
If buyer would want to keep it that only way would not do this he would have to understand everything,about it.

I built this indoor updraft boiler 3 years ago been working fine, An thinking about moveing to FL. do to major back problems and on disablity and to sell I may have to move boiler. In maine it is ok now to have two boilers but my homemade is not ul listed. Will give boiler to get it moved,it does come apart and the storage tanks are 4 seperte tanks. I use 4-41/2 cord per year house and basement house is 1000 sq, feet. It is hooked up see it run before take apart.
Like I said i am just thinking about this now but will be this spring when I list house and wanted to know what kind of feed back I may get by doing it this way? Have photos and more info, put in my user name and i think my post will pop up with photos,
If buyer would want to keep it that only way would not do this he would have to understand everything,about it.
This is an up-draft gasser with DHW heat coils and all cir. pumps controls, the heavy piece is about 350-400lbs,around 2x2x1 1/2, 2 85gal tanks and two 35 gal tanks for water. Questions?

Do you have pics of heat exchanger? Do you have idea of BTU/hr?

Do you have pics of heat exchanger? Do you have idea of BTU/hr?
This is looking threw peep hole 2nd chamber,1sst chamber threw door, photo of whole unit and tanks with no insulation on them yet,I have lots of photos of when being built built with 5/16 plate welded with e-7018,, it does come apart. btu per hr. I did have some numbers on that let me look them up, I clean dust out of it once a year it burns clean,ashs once a week depends on burn time, People that do but my house could make it right running another chimney or direct vent oil boiler [new also] this would be a good deal for someone just some work moveing

Attachments

• SAM_0736.JPG
    SAM_0736.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 190
  • SAM_0735.JPG
    SAM_0735.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 209
  • SAM_0487.JPG
    SAM_0487.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 174
This is looking threw peep hole 2nd chamber,1sst chamber threw door, photo of whole unit and tanks with no insulation on them yet,I have lots of photos of when being built built with 5/16 plate welded with e-7018,, it does come apart. btu per hr. I did have some numbers on that let me look them up, I clean dust out of it once a year it burns clean,ashs once a week depends on burn time, People that do but my house could make it right running another chimney or direct vent oil boiler [new also] this would be a good deal for someone just some work moveing
couple more photo of unit with no insulation yet,
I thought of doing this cause it would cost me about same if I tried seell it and/or move it so seems like a way to get it done. I in process of checking prices and lineing up what I neeed to do to sell and move,would be couple months if anyone is interested,lot more building photos too.

Attachments

• SAM_0485.JPG
    SAM_0485.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 196
  • SAM_0484.JPG
    SAM_0484.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 169
  • SAM_0490.JPG
    SAM_0490.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 201
Thanks for pics. Great looking build.

Good deal for someone that already has underground lines and outbuilding for existing (old boiler).

Status
Not open for further replies.