Mower died when brakes are released.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is frustrating for sure!
I got the engine running like a champ, when I release the brakes the engine dies.
It's a craftsman and the deck has been removed.
The blade safety is OK or the engine will not start.
The seat safety is OK.
What an I missing?

Try jumping the brake safety see if it will run

I wouldn't overlook the seat safety just yet. They are meant to run without an operator in the seat as long as the parking brake is on. See if it will start with out you in the seat. If it does there is a brake override allowing it to start and its bypassing the passenger saftey switch in the seat. Once the brake is released the seat saftey would be the next in line causing the shutdown. Either a bad seat switch or shorted wire would then be my guess.

Reactions: VirginiaIron
I do have a jumper on the plug, for the seat Hmmmmm

If you have the seat switch bypassed then it has to be a open (broken) wire (or bad connection) because the brake switch is working per your OP

I will definitely check that switch!

Reactions: VirginiaIron
****** It was the seat switch ...:confused:
We bring you back to your regularly schedule program.

It's working better than my Husky ( Trans I think is toast )
Just need to air all the tires and good to haul some wood! :cool: