Mt Vernon ae auger jam. Help!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Go Cuse

Jan 23, 2014
Oswego
I currently have a mount Vernon ae stove. Has been running great till recently. I have replaced literally everything on the back of the stove except for the mother board. After an auger jam it seems to only want to start up after I throw a handful of pellets in. I am currently running a high setting -2 flame height. I'm lost on this issue and any help would be great. Thank you

pull the auger and see if auger is jammed or tube is full of dust. Auger is easy to get out. Disconnect motor power connector and photo eye connector which is just around the corner of the hopper. Then remove the 1 phillips screw under the motor and it will slide right out. Even if it is a insert therer is plenty of room

Reactions: kappel15
Also wipe off the optical sensor. Check the auger spring set screw, to make sure it is tight. Last options are a bad optical sensor or auger motor. kap

So I tried all the things that were stated above. Still had same problem. Went and bought an Auger assembley which included the motor and optical sensor. Installed it, ran great for a day, and then woke up to an Auger jam. I'm starting to think it might be a control board issue?

Have you checked the wire harness, and connections, or for a broken wire? kap