MT Vernon AE Friction Connection?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 7, 2015
Nova Scotia, CAN
Hi All,
New to the forum, so bare with me. I recently trade a wood stove for a pellet stove (MT Vernon). I have never had one before but was told it needed an ignitor. I purchased one and replaced it. It came with the manuals and had been run in a while so I gave it a real good cleaning. I noticed it was missing what I found out was the fire pot TC. I purchased on and installed it. On my control board in the spot TC1 where the fire pot TC goes there is only two pins. From reading a few other posts it was mentioned about a friction connector. I am missing this and before I stick the TC connector on I would like to make sure. Is the a part I can purchase, or would it hurt to insert the female end to the control board? I am gonna try and upload a picture. Thanks

Q here,PM a message to kappel15 on Quadrafire issues. He's been around the block on them and their controls

I was just replying when I got your pm. I sent you a pm on your issue. I would also check and see what revision control board you have (white sticker on board), and year of stove,for future reference. kap

I was just replying when I got your pm. I sent you a pm on your issue. I would also check and see what revision control board you have (white sticker on board), and year of stove,for future reference. kap

Thanks for the help. The stove was made in July 2007. The control box Man. Date 23/09. There was another little white sticker that had: REV 2.3, REV 7.6b. I will give the previous owner a call and see if it is still around. I will try the jumper trick once it is completely back together. Still have to make an exhaust blower gasket. Thought it would be easy until the original was thinner than tissue paper and broke up will trying to remove in one place.

Thanks Again

Get the reusable orange gasket SRV7000-714. Be sure to put it on right as it only fits on one side. There should be a Rev. like SRV7000 - 323 or/330or/456. The numbers you put down don't make any sense. I seem to remember this has happened before with these numbers. We may have to look at what you have on the wall control to see what you have. kap

Get the reusable orange gasket SRV7000-714. Be sure to put it on right as it only fits on one side. There should be a Rev. like SRV7000 - 323 or/330or/456. The numbers you put down don't make any sense. I seem to remember this has happened before with these numbers. We may have to look at what you have on the wall control to see what you have. kap

I had for the gasket but was sold a one foot square piece of something white. Managed to get the fire pot gasket done. I will get the right one this time. I checked the stove again and got 7000-456 Rev.C ROHS Complaint.

Ok. That is a good board. kap

Ok. That is a good board. kap
Well no such luck on the friction fitting from the previous owner. But I got the stove back together and flashed it up for the first time in manual for 15 minutes. No errors!!! I was actually very impressed at how quite the stove was and the amount of heat it put out in that short of time. Now time to find some pellets. Thanks for the help Kap, I truly appreciate it.

Glad to hear your new to you stove is working.
Welcome to the site.

So you was able to get a friction fit for board. Glad it is running the way you like. Stay warm. kap

So you was able to get a friction fit for board. Glad it is running the way you like. Stay warm. kap
Na, get one from previous owner and dealer had no idea or part number. The fitting fit nice and tight on the board. I had to shut the stove of, it filled house full of smoke. Ashpan was smoldering pretty good. I think i need new springs because there seems to be a nice gap between the fire pot floor and the fire pot itself. Was wondering why it took a while to light but once it went it worked good. I had thought my gasket i made for the fire pot was maybe to thick. I am gonna order springs and gasket and go from there. I do not mind though atlas I am familiarizing my self with the stove. Any ideas?

Gap is a sure sign of needing new springs, and a stock gasket wouldn't hurt. Also make sure the firepot floor is closing all the way. sometimes the bolt holding the auto-clean motor can work loose too. It is behind ashpan on back wall. You didn't get any false starts that dumped fuel in ashpan did you? The stove will try three times to start if there are issues and it doesn't start in a certain amount of time. kap

Gap is a sure sign of needing new springs, and a stock gasket wouldn't hurt. Also make sure the firepot floor is closing all the way. sometimes the bolt holding the auto-clean motor can work loose too. It is behind ashpan on back wall. You didn't get any false starts that dumped fuel in ashpan did you? The stove will try three times to start if there are issues and it doesn't start in a certain amount of time. kap[/QUOTE
Thanks kap, when I had tried it yesterday it seemed to be taking a while to start so I dumped half a cup of pellets in the firepot. I figure there was enough pellets to bridge the gap and it flashed in no time. Today I tried and I could here the pellets hitting the ash pan during startup, so I waited and then added half a cup and it flashed up but I heard some of the pellets hit the ash pan. I ran it in MANUAL Heat output 5 because it was first thing in the morning and I was down about 5 degrees. Some of the hot ash must have dropped in an it began to smolder. I shut it down and emptied the fire in the ash pan. Later I tried it again but I did not add any prime to the fire pot and I did get a false start. So I figure it was trying to light with no pellets in the pot.

How is the gasket on the ashpan door? If the stove was running, you shouldn't of gotten that much smoke out of it as it would of been sucked thru the firepot. kap

Sometimes if it has issues with starting on time, it can drop some fuel and smoldering coals in ashpan, but once again, it should be sucked out by exhaust fan. akp

Does your revision just say 456? Or does it have a B or C behind it?

The gasket on the ashpan door looks like new, the clips on the ashpan that hold it tight to the stove are pretty loose and the ashpan was not completely shut and on a bit of and angle. I folded and wrapped some foil tape around the two lugs and it is a much more snug fit. I think that is where the haze from the soldering pellets came. This kinda makes sense because the previous owner had said it would smoke her out. Her friend figured it was the turn down on the top of the vent pipe. Something to do with prevailing winds, told me I should make a baffle to block either side but mine liner runs up the centre of the house. My control board is 456 revision C. I will not get the parts for the stove until the 20th but I'll keep you posted I'm determined and stubborn.
Thanks Again

The gasket on the ashpan door looks like new, the clips on the ashpan that hold it tight to the stove are pretty loose and the ashpan was not completely shut and on a bit of and angle. I folded and wrapped some foil tape around the two lugs and it is a much more snug fit. I think that is where the haze from the soldering pellets came. This kinda makes sense because the previous owner had said it would smoke her out. Her friend figured it was the turn down on the top of the vent pipe. Something to do with prevailing winds, told me I should make a baffle to block either side but mine liner runs up the centre of the house. My control board is 456 revision C. I will not get the parts for the stove until the 20th but I'll keep you posted I'm determined and stubborn.
Thanks Again

Earlier you had just said 456. I am glad it has the C as that is the latest revision in that era. Same one I have. kap

Earlier you had just said 456. I am glad it has the C as that is the latest revision in that era. Same one I have. kap
That is good news with the board. Gonna post a few pictures of fire pot and how far the ashpan was from being seated. Is that a clinker?

WOW. That is one heck of a gap! You definitely need some new springs. And it also looks like it is not closing all the way to the left. Make sure to check that bolt behind ashpan that it is tight. You can also help close the floor by sticking a screwdriver in one of the holes and pulling to the left on a auto-clean that happens when you unplug and plug stove back in. You can fool the door sensor by putting a magnet on it, making it think the door is closed, and the auto-clean will work. I would not run this stove till it is fixed. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.