Mt Vernon Operation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

In the shop

Oct 24, 2017
London, Ontario
Hi all, wondering if some one smarter than me can help me out. My Mt Vernon quad starts and the fan goes on and off for about 20 min, I’m thinking that’s the snap closing then opening. After a while the fan stays on unit the t stat is satisfied. Should the stove not run with the fan on all the time until t stat is satisfied? Thanks in advance all...

Which fan? The exhaust or the convection? kap

What heat setting are you on? If low, it could turn and off as temp is low enough. Other settings could be another issue. On right side of stove(have to take cover off). is where snap disc #1 is. This runs the convection fan. It has two purple wires going to it. Be careful as there is always power in one wire. You can unplug them from snap disc and jump them together. I make a jumper wire with spade connectors, so they just stick right in ends. If need be, you can unplug stove first. Then plug it back in. If by jumpimg the wires together, the fan runs constantly, the snap disc could be bad, or connections are dirty. If the fan didn't run, and the stove got hot, snap disc #2 would trip, shutting power off to auger motor. kap