Mt Vernon settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NHTIMBERFRAME --

What's your experience been with your OAK. My Mount Vernon AE was installed just after christmas. Prior to install, I asked the dealer if they could install the OAK using the chimney. They said Quadrafire didn't make an OAK kit for the chimney (even though it's in the manual). What did you pay, and did your dealer say the same thing? I wish I had it installed ... I get a cold draft coming into our den and I think the OAK would solve the problem.

Thanks!

I have an OAK on my Mt Vernon AE insert. Essentially it's a 3" aluminum liner terminated at the top of the chimney. The exhaust is about 6" higher. It works great and I have no drafts as a result. Highly recommended.

Victor

My dealer said nothing of the sort. OAK was one of my requirements, so I knew it had it, and they had no problems with running it up the chimney. Looks like a dryer vent, terminates just like mentioned in the previous post. I had to go up 30+ feet, my parts (SS liner too) and install was close to $1600. I'm happy with it. No smoke smell at all, and it is certainly less drafty than when the fireplace was in use!

Status
Not open for further replies.