MTD....SPLITTER PARTS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FORCE FAB said:
Lookin for parts for my mtd yard machines splitter...Idont have a serial number....Im looking for the hydro pump shaft

Take out the part, go to a hydraulic shop, drop it on the counter and say "I want one of these"... Splitters are very generic, I don't think there is anything special about an MTD that would make the part unique.

Actually, I'm puzzled by your saying you need a pump shaft? The MTD's I've seen all have the engine crankshaft connected directly to the shaft of the pump via a "lovejoy" type coupler. I doubt that it would be possible or worth trying to replace either the engine crankshaft, or the shaft of the pump. (The lovejoy is replaceable, but other than the "rubber spider" in it seldom wears out...) You may need to get a replacement pump and / or engine, not just a shaft.

Gooserider

I just broke an MTD- Yardman splitter. What parts do you need?

Gooserider said:
FORCE FAB said:
Lookin for parts for my mtd yard machines splitter...Idont have a serial number....Im looking for the hydro pump shaft

Take out the part, go to a hydraulic shop, drop it on the counter and say "I want one of these"... Splitters are very generic, I don't think there is anything special about an MTD that would make the part unique.

Actually, I'm puzzled by your saying you need a pump shaft? The MTD's I've seen all have the engine crankshaft connected directly to the shaft of the pump via a "lovejoy" type coupler. I doubt that it would be possible or worth trying to replace either the engine crankshaft, or the shaft of the pump. (The lovejoy is replaceable, but other than the "rubber spider" in it seldom wears out...) You may need to get a replacement pump and / or engine, not just a shaft.

Gooserider
Goose,I was thinking the same thing (pump shaft ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.