Must have stuff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it has been mentioned but I use one of those big popcorn buckets for an ash pale. It is made of metal with a lid and has served me well.

raybonz said:
tory in Mass.) also part of the permitting process to install a woodstove here..

"Carbon Monoxide detectors are required in any residence that has fossil-fuel burning equipment including, but not limited to, a furnace, boiler, water heater, fireplace or any other apparatus, appliance or device; or has enclosed parking within its structure."

Ray

I would have a CO detector even if it wasn't mandatory... But I have to wonder if the code officials realized that Woodstove and fireplaces don't burn "fossil" fuels. (that reg should just say fuel burning)

Spare ash pan so you can easily do a hot-swap when emptying ashes (if you stove is so equipped).

Status
Not open for further replies.