My fathers new heating machine (F600 Firelight) with pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepinto65

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2008
Webster, MA
Well it took some time, but I was able to convince my father to update to a new EPA burner. Here is a picture of my grandfather installing it for him today while he's away at work. Now if I could only get him to listen about properly seasoning his wood...I guess he'll just have to find out the hard way lol.
Cant wait to get some better pictures and play around with this beast this weekend.

Attachments

• F600.jpg
    F600.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 382
Here is what the firelight replaced....an old Village Crawford Royal. I have pictures of it somewhere in its assembled, working, state but cant seem to find them.

Attachments

• oldstove.jpg
    oldstove.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 303
Here is the exact same stove. This is exactly how it looked in my dads house (minus the brand new paint)

Attachments

• village crawford royal w tank.jpg
    village crawford royal w tank.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 330
Oh, nice old stove!!

Is it salvageable? Do you still have all the missing pieces? If so, it is worth a litte money.
If not, I have seen a few of the bases made into intesting coffee tables.

szmaine said:
Oh, nice old stove!!

Is it salvageable? Do you still have all the missing pieces? If so, it is worth a litte money.
If not, I have seen a few of the bases made into intesting coffee tables.

It is the entire stove, no missing pieces...Its was burning straight untill this morning! From what I've found, once they are all cleaned up, they can bring in right around 2k.

Nice. It's pretty cool that 3 generations are in on this project. He will be happy with the new stove with guidance. This will be a new learning experience for him and you can help. It takes skill to run a wood cook stove. One needs to be aware of the temps and stage of the burn before engaging bypass and oven dampers. Share this appreciation with dad and support the new learning experience from what you have learned with the Oslo.

Status
Not open for further replies.