my home-made Neo 2.5 ember catcher.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryP

Aug 29, 2009
NE
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I recently installed a PE Neo 2.5 stove. It works like a champ now that I have learned how to burn with a new stove as opposed to my old Resolute. My only issue was with the very narrow ash lip which wouldn't keep anything from rolling onto the floor if embers or ash should fall out of the fire box. My solution was to fabricate a wider lip and attach it to the movable cast iron ash draw cover. The 3rd photo is of the underside of the unit and the last one is of the shelf tipped down. I made it out of aluminum sheet from a big box tractor supply house and a couple of stout shelf brackets. It bolts right on with no drilling, only a couple of bolts and washers.
By the way, I found Pacific Energy very easy to deal with and helpful by email and phone on a different issue. They even sent me a new handle assembly quickly and free of charge. They really stand behind their products.
A version of this stove with a square fire box would be nice to more easily load it north/south with longer wood.

Reactions: stephiedoll
View attachment 157194
View attachment 157195 View attachment 157196 View attachment 157197
I recently installed a PE Neo 2.5 stove. It works like a champ now that I have learned how to burn with a new stove as opposed to my old Resolute. My only issue was with the very narrow ash lip which wouldn't keep anything from rolling onto the floor if embers or ash should fall out of the fire box. My solution was to fabricate a wider lip and attach it to the movable cast iron ash draw cover. The 3rd photo is of the underside of the unit and the last one is of the shelf tipped down. I made it out of aluminum sheet from a big box tractor supply house and a couple of stout shelf brackets. It bolts right on with no drilling, only a couple of bolts and washers.
By the way, I found Pacific Energy very easy to deal with and helpful by email and phone on a different issue. They even sent me a new handle assembly quickly and free of charge. They really stand behind their products.
A version of this stove with a square fire box would be nice to more easily load it north/south with longer wood.

Sweet solution!

A stove without an ashlip is like an axe without a handle. Somethings are just meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.