My Kent Tile Fire Stove declared illegal in Oregon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the new "greenbeans" are all convinced that wood burning is horrible and will cause them and anyone who catches a sniff of smoke to die of horrible diseases and all their unborn children to have asthma and birth defects...
I wonder how civilization survived for centuries until we discovered how to make electricity and heat our homes with it....

Lots of woodburners here and temperature inversions are common. It can be a real problem. There are a number of people in my neighborhood who consistently blanket steamy smoke all over the block. It gets bad. Old stoves are bad enough, but people tend to burn greener wood in them to boot. This is not knee-jerk environmentalism, it's addressing a real problem.

That said, installing a Kent is, in my mind, following the spirit, (if not the letter,) of the law. Burn on.

alanash said:
So now that I have a Kent Tile Fire Stove, I've been told that it is illegal to install it in my home.

So.......... I am going to install it anyways.

I am replacing a Franklin stove that has an 8" pipe. The Kent stove has a 6" pipe. I know I have to get a reducer to connect the
6" to the 8" pipe going up through the ceiling.

It was also suggested that I put 6" pipe down from the roof into the 8" pipe coming up through the roof to help maintain proper draft.

How does that sound to you all?

Thanks for your input.

Alan
I'm telling gw bush. Install it, if they break in to inspect, well, you need kindling anyways, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.