My Morning's Worth of Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

certified106

Minister of Fire
Oct 22, 2010
Athens, Ohio
My morning got off to a bad start and I had to return the Huskee woodsplitter to Tractor Supply for a new one. However, it ended better with this load of wood split and stacked. One more to go today and then off to Dad's to help him split and stack next weekend.

Attachments

• 1120101350-1.jpg
    1120101350-1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 335
certified106 said:
My morning got off to a bad start and I had to return the Huskee woodsplitter to Tractor Supply for a new one. However, it ended better with this load of wood split and stacked. One more to go today and then off to Dad's to help him split and stack next weekend.

Certified106 nice setup, what type of wood are you hauling?

zap

certified - why did you have to return your Huskee splitter to TSC?

zapny said:
certified106 said:

Certified106 nice setup, what type of wood are you hauling?

zap

Thanks, I like the Kubota as it's small enough to get back in the woods to scrounge and drag out logs with out having to make a huge trail. The load is mostly Oak and Hickory with about a 1/4 cord of cherry.

wood-fan-atic said:
certified - why did you have to return your Huskee splitter to TSC?

Well I went out to split this morning and performed the usual walkaround while checking the hoses, filling the gas, and checking the oil however about 30 minutes into splitting I smelled something hot. I went over to check the engine and there was a big puddle of oil underneath of it. I shut it down then pulled the dipstick and the only thing in the oil pan was a bunch of smoke. I took it back to the garage and filled it back up with oil, cleaned it up, and started it. almost as soon as I started it the oil began pouring out of the crank shaft so I just shut it down and headed back to TSC. The manager was apologetic and quickly hooked a new one on the hitch for me. I was kind of perplexed as I have another Briggs and Stratton 6.75 hp engine that I have had for seven years and I have yet to have a problem with it. Hopefully it was just a fluke but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.