Not open for further replies.
  1. tfdchief

tfdchief
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2009
    Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Sorry I have been absent for a while. My Mother passed away Tuesday morning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    valley ranch likes this.
  2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart
    Modestorator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Sorry to hear that Chief. I lost Mom in December. Funeral on Christmas Eve puts a damper on the holiday.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    tfdchief likes this.
  3. fossil

fossil
    Accidental Moderator 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2007
    Loc:
    Bend, OR
    My mom died in May 1990. I still miss her every day. My condolences, Chief. :(

tfdchief likes this.
  4. tfdchief

tfdchief
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2009
    Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    I understand completely. We celebrated Mom's 90th birthday in December and despite the fact that she was not well then, It was a good time and she was really ready to go after that. I took a while and the end was tough, but she was ready and now is in heaven with my Dad and others. We sent a message to heaven that Grandma was on her way and the party up there was over! Just FYI. ;)

5. tfdchief

tfdchief
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2009
    Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    Thanks. I will miss her every day too. But fond memories will persist. My daughter just called me to get my approval of her Eulogy. All I could say was Yes, I am so proud of you, perfect!

Adios Pantalones and fossil like this.
  6. rideau

rideau
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2012
    Loc:
    southern ontario
  7. Mrs. Krabappel

Mrs. Krabappel
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 31, 2010
    Loc:
    Blue Ridge Mountains NC
    So sorry. And to you BB. I somehow missed that you just lost your mum.

tfdchief likes this.
  8. Ktm300

Ktm300
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Feb 17, 2014
    Loc:
    Pa
  9. Beer Belly

Beer Belly
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 26, 2011
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    Condolences

tfdchief likes this.
  10. GENECOP

GENECOP
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 31, 2014
    Loc:
    Ny
    Sorry for your loss....I know how heartbreaking it is.....RIP Mom....

tfdchief likes this.
  11. firefighterjake

firefighterjake
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 22, 2008
    Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    Sorry for your loss Steve.

tfdchief likes this.
  12. razerface

razerface
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 1, 2014
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Sorry to hear that.

I am glad she was ready to go. My mom was the same before she left us, and in her words "I am anxious to see your father"
    My mothers funeral was full of smiles and stories. She led a good life and had many friends. I hope there are smiles at your moms too.

tfdchief likes this.
  13. Bobbin

Bobbin
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 2, 2008
    Loc:
    So. Me.
    The death of a parent is a profound thing. There are all sorts of little memories that only you and your mum shared, Chief, and now those memories belong only to you. You will think of them at the strangest times in the coming years and every remembrance will affect you differently. Sometimes I use an expression peculiar to one of my parents and think nothing of it, other times I wonder where/when they first heard it. Occasionally I stumble upon something one of them wrote in a book's margin and it makes me smile.

My condolences to you and your family. How wonderful that your daughter wrote her eulogy.

tfdchief likes this.
  14. webbie

webbie
    Seasoned Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 17, 2005
    Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Sorry to hear, Chief....

I'm looking at my three surviving parents and in-laws and know that they have all far outlived the "norm", so sooner or later they are gonna (aren't we all?) going to join your mom. All I can hope is they go with peace and a min. of pain.

my MIL is 93 and is still flying regularly (even up north in the winter), playing crossword puzzles and seems to have more stamina than I do! They fixed her heart about 20 years ago - what a miracle!

tfdchief likes this.
  15. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Condolences, Chief. Most of us only get one shot at a mom & a dad & hopefully whatever time you had with her was quality. Nothing forces you to face your own mortality like the death of a parent. Lost my Mom in 97 (ALS) & Dad almost EXACTLY 2 years later (Big C). They're both in Saratoga National Cemetery & unfortunately, because I am a Patriot Guard Rider, I am at that cemetery a lot, so I'm able to go to their site often...The conversations aren't the same...

tfdchief likes this.
  16. Xena

Xena
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 30, 2005
    Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Condolences to you chief. Its never easy..

tfdchief likes this.
  17. Jags

Jags
    Moderate Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Loc:
    Northern IL
    So very sorry to hear, Chief. There is nothing easy about loosing a loved one.

tfdchief likes this.
  18. valley ranch

valley ranch
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 6, 2011
    Loc:
    Ranches in Sierra Nevada mts,Calif & Nevada
    Her light's in your eyes, My folks used to say. She knows you miss her. The best to you Chief, She'll put in a good word for you.

tfdchief likes this.
  19. firebroad

firebroad
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2011
    Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    Blessing be with you, Chief. Remember, you will meet again.
    Take care.

tfdchief likes this.
  20. velvetfoot

velvetfoot
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 5, 2005
    Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    My condolances. My Mom passed away in 10/12. Feels like I'm more alone in the world now. Eyes tearing while writing this.

iceguy4 and tfdchief like this.
  21. Dune

Dune
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 14, 2008
    Loc:
    Commonwealth Of Massachussetts
    Pop passed away last year and Mom is terminal. You have my empathy.

tfdchief likes this.
  22. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Very sorry to hear of your loss chief. The loss of a parent is hard. I often think of my mom and dad when dealing with challenges and joys of life. It keeps them alive in your heart and mind.

tfdchief and Dune like this.
  23. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Deepest condolences from my family to yours. The loss of a parent is a tough one.

Sending Dixie snuffles your way, big time.

tfdchief likes this.
  24. tfdchief

tfdchief
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 24, 2009
    Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
    We put Mom to rest today. It is over. She is at peace. Thank you all, my friends, for your caring hearts and concern for me. Steve

firebroad likes this.
  25. iceguy4

iceguy4
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 16, 2011
    Loc:
    Upstate, NY
    My eyes tearing as I read this thread...Still have my mom....for now....gonna call her after I post this... condolences to all here who have lost loved ones. It seems to me we should celebrate cuz their going to a better place ....but we don't....They say "moms" are the hardest.....

tfdchief likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.