My Mother passed away

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Condolences tfdchief, may she rest in peace...

Reactions: tfdchief
My eyes tearing as I read this thread...Still have my mom....for now....gonna call her after I post this... condolences to all here who have lost loved ones. It seems to me we should celebrate cuz their going to a better place ....but we don't....They say "moms" are the hardest.....
You are right iceguy4, we should celebrate! And I guess we did. We cried and told stories and cried some more, but we were all happy that mom was now with dad, dancing in heaven. It has been 20 years since they were able to do that, and I know they are having a blast.....can't get much better than that. I visited the grave today....big mistake, I got all worked up again. Thanks to all of my friends here, you do make a difference! ;hm;):)

Reactions: iceguy4
You are right iceguy4, we should celebrate! And I guess we did. We cried and told stories and cried some more, but we were all happy that mom was now with dad, dancing in heaven. It has been 20 years since they were able to do that, and I know they are having a blast.....can't get much better than that. I visited the grave today....big mistake, I got all worked up again. Thanks to all of my friends here, you do make a difference! ;hm;):)
Your a lucky man to be able to cry. Something happens....like sneezing or coughing that helps to defend our bodies...real men cry...

Your a lucky man to be able to cry. Something happens....like sneezing or coughing that helps to defend our bodies...real men cry...
Oh, iceguy4. you are so right! Real men do cry. I have always considered myself as tough as they come, and I can hold it back when I have to get the job done....I did it yesterday as I read passages at the vigil for my mom, but when the time comes I can cry, like a baby. I cried for 3 days in November when my Oggie (my dog) died. I guess some might think it not masculine but I think they must just be insecure. Because REAL men DO cry. Thanks iceguy4, Steve

Reactions: firefighterjake
Oh, iceguy4. you are so right! Real men do cry. I have always considered myself as tough as they come, and I can hold it back when I have to get the job done....I did it yesterday as I read passages at the vigil for my mom, but when the time comes I can cry, like a baby. I cried for 3 days in November when my Oggie (my dog) died. I guess some might think it not masculine but I think they must just be insecure. Because REAL men DO cry. Thanks iceguy4, Steve
Believe me, I still cry bout my first Rottweiler..."Dakota"...I think the passing of pets help us to get through the harder ones... every day it will get easier. Your mom would NOT want you to even "skip a beat"...If you passed would you want her to take it hard? prolly not...

Believe me, I still cry bout my first Rottweiler..."Dakota"...I think the passing of pets help us to get through the harder ones... every day it will get easier. Your mom would NOT want you to even "skip a beat"...If you passed would you want her to take it hard? prolly not...
You are so right! God bless you and your Dakota. I personally have had a harder time with the passing of my animals than most humans. Some would find that unexceptionable, but that is OK too, I just find my animals to be my true and loving companions, with not conditions, and humans always seem to have conditions.

I personally have had a harder time with the passing of my animals than most humans
Funny you say that...My dad passed about the same time as Dakota...I got over that, and Dakota I still have problems with... My dad passed from cancer and NOTHING was left "un said" between us....Dakota I had to put down...(eyes tearing now)....silly isn't it?

Funny you say that...My dad passed about the same time as Dakota...I got over that, and Dakota I still have problems with... My dad passed from cancer and NOTHING was left "un said" between us....Dakota I had to put down...(eyes tearing now)....silly isn't it?
NO, it isn't silly to me. I understand COMPLETELY! My Oggie was the the toughest loss of my life. Sorry if that offends some people, but I can't help it. I loved that dog more than myself! The first thing I am going to do when I get to heaven is ask God where the Rainbow Bridge is, so I can go get my Oggie and bring her to heaven with me. Then, I will be content.;hm

NO, it isn't silly to me. I understand COMPLETELY! My Oggie was the the toughest loss of my life. Sorry if that offends some people, but I can't help it. I loved that dog more than myself! The first thing I am going to do when I get to heaven is ask God where the Rainbow Bridge is, so I can go get my Oggie and bring her to heaven with me. Then, I will be content.;hm
I have been told you get a dog like Oggie/ Dakota once in a lifetime... My "Troy" (another Rottie) is great....but not quite the guy kota-rokie was (nickname...cant see screen through tears) ,,, Cats are just OK ....some will never know how close you can get with a dog....I'm not feeling TOO guilty about the thread hi-jack as its your thread... BTW I have a vet that comes to my house, and kota was 13+ years old and battled both wobblers decease and hip dysplasia for the last years of his life...I was very concerned that I was keeping him for selfish reasons (crying like a lil girl now)... My vet said "he will tell you when its time"...and he did just that. Silly me, I got myself all worked up... Both troy and Dakota are/were handsome boys...pure breed... ... anyway chief, keep your chin up

I'm not feeling TOO guilty about the thread hi-jack as its your thread.
No apologies necessary, I don't consider it a hi-jack at all, and neither would my Mother! We Hettinger's love our animals as much as any family member. And I know what you mean about your Dakota, and I am sure he was a special boy. You keep your chin up too. After my Oggie passed, my wife said "I don't want another one, I can't go through it again" I didn't say anything but knew that wouildn't work for me. In 3 days she relented and a week after Oggie died, we adopted a rescue. Buddy! He saved my life! I love him so much already and I am convinced that Oggie and God got together to send him to me. Here is my new special boy!
Buddy.JPG

No apologies necessary, I don't consider it a hi-jack at all, and neither would my Mother! We Hettinger's love our animals as much as any family member. And I know what you mean about your Dakota, and I am sure he was a special boy. You keep your chin up too. After my Oggie passed, my wife said "I don't want another one, I can't go through it again" I didn't say anything but knew that wouildn't work for me. In 3 days she relented and a week after Oggie died, we adopted a rescue. Buddy! He saved my life! I love him so much already and I am convinced that Oggie and God got together to send him to me. Here is my new special boy!
View attachment 129758

Buddy is so adorable ... almost looks like a stuffie.

My condolences tfdchief. That is a hard loss. By the way cute dog. Makes you want to live life a little fuller as it is too short in the first place for some.

I am a firm believer that "bottling it up" is a complete waste of energy. Nothing better than a "good cry", if you ask me! And intermittent bouts of "welling up" serve the same purpose. I've never understood why those things are more accepted in the sisterhood; it's good that that foolishness is falling by the wayside.

Watching the good man cry over each of the 4 kitties we've seen head off to the Happy Hunting Ground in the past 22 yrs. convinces me that that cats are a good deal more than, "just OK", Ice. ;) One of the saddest sights I've ever seen was the good man walking to the house holding Sally's collar in his hand after the final trip we all dread. And it's funny that I (the cat person who turned him on to the joys of kitties) was the one who searched for the next dog because he'd turned me on to the joys of fool dogs! (as our present fool dog ages I'm on the prowl for a suitable heir to his territory)

Status
Not open for further replies.