My new little wood sheds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EPS

Burning Hunk
Jun 5, 2015
NH
I've been letting my wood stack up near our detached garage for a while and while it was nice getting to it on the way from the garage to the house, it didn't look too great. So I built this little holder with some pallet wood and some studs. I also happened to have some corrugated metal to put on top. I might add some more pieces around the side and back to hold the wood better, but I like the way they came out.

31143738_10101924643810455_7817432509896982528_n.jpg
31154134_10101924643506065_5836811665651269632_n.jpg

Turned out pretty good! I'm not sure about whomever is living in that window behind it though. They might not appreciate the beauty of a well-stacked woodpile.

Oh, haha, that's a window on the detached garage. But my wife did want to put a window box for flowers there, but not anymore!

Oh, haha, that's a window on the detached garage. But my wife did want to put a window box for flowers there, but not anymore!

In that case I'd say it's perfect! You got the wood protected and up off the ground and you go to build a project too. It's a win/win! Great job!

I like that a lot! I don’t want a full wood shed just yet, don’t like stacking in the garage, and just leave it outside uncovered. This is just enough I think, and can be done pretty cheap in a few hours...yup, I’m building a few of these!
Thanks for sharing, and nice work

Reactions: EPS