My new wood scroung truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
I traded in my old truck.. 2013 for my New truck. Ill be using it this weekend to hall my Kubuta 4670 and my gear back to where we are on the scrounge.. truck is a 2020 4x4 F250 with a 6.7L diesel..
20200619_131609.jpg
20200621_103735.jpg
20200621_103842.jpg

Nice ..;hm

Nice Truck i guess,i don't follow the new chit.Buy extended warranty...Any engine repairs mean removing the cab off the truck.
2013 is considered old?My newest rig is is an 04
see my antique wood scrounging truck,it was free needed a power steering pump and tires.The tires were free as well.
That is load 4 of free wood got number 5 last night and there are about 6 more
free wood 4.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
my 2013 had 171000 miles on it and the extend warranty was up this month.. so its time.. plus a got a buyer for my old truck and got good value out of it. my 13 owed me nothing.. i washed it and put tires on it and oil changes.. thats it..was a good truck..

Reactions: lsucet and JimBear
Congrats! I did the same thing earlier this year, traded in my '13 for a '20 3/4 ton (gas, not diesel). I'm a Mopar guy so obviously went with a Ram but your Ford looks sweet (and the color looks familiar). Put my new truck to work the day after I got it, temp tags and all. No sunroof on mine but I like the views anyway.
DSC00750.JPG
DSC00752.JPG

Congrats! I did the same thing earlier this year, traded in my '13 for a '20 3/4 ton (gas, not diesel). I'm a Mopar guy so obviously went with a Ram but your Ford looks sweet (and the color looks familiar). Put my new truck to work the day after I got it, temp tags and all. No sunroof on mine but I like the views anyway. View attachment 261303View attachment 261304

its nice to have a new wood haller.. my trucks a 10 speed and the mileage is great.. around town I'm getting 18.5 mpg.. haven had it on the highway yet.. but I'm guessing 23..24 mpg looking like about 750 miles per tank

I traded in my old truck.. 2013 for my New truck. Ill be using it this weekend to hall my Kubuta 4670 and my gear back to where we are on the scrounge.. truck is a 2020 4x4 F250 with a 6.7L diesel.. View attachment 261197View attachment 261198View attachment 261199
Didn't go for the Superduty Platinum Tremor package huh? They're only $110,000...the ultimate firewood hauler... :eek: :p ::P

You will love the truck. We have an 2018 f250 and absolutely love it.

You will love the truck. We have an 2018 f250 and absolutely love it.
Got a Ford now?the shame...
you better change your name to reflect the new ride

Got a Ford now?the shame...
you better change your name to reflect the new ride
I have always been a gm guy and still have 2. When we were looking for a new truck 2 years ago we test drove ford and gm. What really sold me on the ford is the cab room and power for a gas motor. I wanted a diesel but couldn't justify the extra $10,000 for it. With that being said, the last company truck we had was a 2014 chevy 2500hd and the one now is a 2018 2500hd. My ford definitely has more power and rides better. The company trucks had the 6.0 vortec and are bullet proof. We run the crap out of them everyday. Our current 2018 chevy 2500hd is 3 months older than my ford and has 196,000 miles. So I hope my ford holds up as good as the gm does.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Congrats on the new hauler!

Upgraded as well at the end of last year. Went from an '04 Titan with 200K to a '18 Ram 1500 w/ <10K. The Titan was a nice truck and did everything we needed but it was time for an upgrade and the Ram has been great so far.

Congrats on the new hauler!

Upgraded as well at the end of last year. Went from an '04 Titan with 200K to a '18 Ram 1500 w/ <10K. The Titan was a nice truck and did everything we needed but it was time for an upgrade and the Ram has been great so far.
I had an 08 titan several years ago, the only vehicle I've ever bought with an automatic trans, and it was a great truck. Did everything the contemporary domestic half tons would do and more while looking better with a nicer interior. The new domestic trucks are much improved compared to 10-15 years ago.

I will add that 11-14 MPG at all times no matter load or conditions did suck.

Last edited:
I had an 08 titan several years ago, the only vehicle I've ever bought with an automatic trans, and it was a great truck. Did everything the contemporary domestic half tons would do and more while looking better with a nicer interior. The new domestic trucks are much improved compared to 10-15 years ago.

I will add that 11-14 MPG at all times no matter load or conditions did suck.

The one problem I had with mine is the infamous axle issue. Had to replace the rear axle because of it. On the bright side when I had to replace mine Curry had just started to produce replacement axles so I had them build one more in line with hauling hay, horses, and wood. Went from a 2.8 ratio to a 3.2 (was a 2WD), etc. Mine averaged about the same mileage, 11MPG with a load, 15MPG without. The Ram averaged 17MPG with a load of cherry in the bed.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Hers my old scrounge truck. It’s simple with its inline 6 300 engine and granny gear stick shift. I’ve loaded up
it’s long bed many times with scrounge over the years and I drive it almost everyday in the summer for my mowing business. It’s very reliable. I have a Super Duty regular cab long box too but I like the old truck better.

3028A286-0D97-47CA-9F50-52F1AFDADBB1.jpeg

1979?

Reactions: JimBear
Hers my old scrounge truck. It’s simple with its inline 6 300 engine and granny gear stick shift. I’ve loaded up
it’s long bed many times with scrounge over the years and I drive it almost everyday in the summer for my mowing business. It’s very reliable. I have a Super Duty regular cab long box too but I like the old truck better.

View attachment 261933
That 300 is a great engine. Good looking truck too.

I had 1978 F-250 with a plow.That is how I learned to become a mechanic .. ;)

Reactions: WiscWoody
I had 1978 F-250 with a plow.That is how I learned to become a mechanic .. ;)

I drove a 250 with a plow.. what a great truck.. good looking.. could move some snow.. had a 351 in it.. had Chrome wagon rims, grill ,handles,mirrors, and cab lights and a wide tire.. all black paint..

I had the 400 ..I was the one to call when everyone got stuck!
I put a 4" lift with 33 kelly springfield tires, a performer manifold, with a holley 650- double pumper, a 45 gallon tank (full time 4wd)
brought it up to 10 miles/gal

I had the 400 ..I was the one to call when everyone got stuck!
I put a 4" lift with 33 kelly springfield tires, a performer manifold, with a holley 650- double pumper, a 45 gallon tank (full time 4wd)
brought it up to 10 miles/gal
That's pretty cool. Don't see many American trucks, especially older ones, with a center diff vs a transfer case. Those 400's were nice!

I really miss it ...I got married ... :(

That's pretty cool. Don't see many American trucks, especially older ones, with a center diff vs a transfer case. Those 400's were nice!
center diff verses transfer case ?
Could you explain what you are saying?
Thanks