My next wood storage area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Curry

Jul 7, 2014
Western NY
Got my second storage area filled. Roughly 20'x4'. I guesstimate I have about 10 face cords CSS - 6 silver maple, 2 red, and 2 poplar.

Next storage is behind the garage - roughly 40'x4'.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited by a moderator:
That's a bunch of quick-dry that could all be burnable this winter. :cool: How much wood do you need per season?

Can't say for sure how much I need. I just bought the place last year. I think I burned about 6-7 last year until I ran out in Feb. It was all pretty wet too - all from trees that were already down on the property. Bunch of white ash, and a large silver maple.

It's a 1300 sqft ranch style house, I'm thinking 10 might do the trick, if we don't have a winter like last year.

It's a 1300 sqft ranch style house, I'm thinking 10 might do the trick, if we don't have a winter like last year.
Wow, that seems like a lot for 1300'...

I'm just outside Buffalo, NY - we call it "lake effect" :)

Yeah I meant face cords. I'm set for 2 years if that's enough - my green/white ash + black locust score from 4th of July weekend can season - that's gonna be another 10 face cords.

Reactions: tsquini
Status
Not open for further replies.