My processing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironspider

Feeling the Heat
Nov 13, 2013
Flanders, NY
u8anasun.jpg

epapasa6.jpg

From the truck to the splitter to the tractor.

Congrats on the purchase and good work.

If I could give you a tip.........Take your splitter and place it as close as you can to the area you want to stack. The as you split the rounds, you can place the splits directly on the stack and not handle it twice.

Yeah I thought of that, however, this wood is on the other side of the property and it too close to the house, not enough room.

Looking good! Cheers!

Did you get that tractor off CL? Huntington maybe? Saw one just like it listed for a while.

No, bought it new after superstorm sandy killed mine.

Nice set up. I have the same tractor if that is the 24h. Get you a steering peg/ball thingy - you will be happy with it I believe.

The suicide knob, great idea, that would def help. Thanks

Nice set up. Can you tell me what kind of tractor is it and are you happy with it? I'm looking for one for this summer.

That's a craftsman yt4000, it serves me very well, I do like it. Came with a 46" deck which I remove for the winter.

Thanks for the reply. I will look it up.

Nice setup! What are your stacks on? Are those pallets on top of cinderblocks?

Status
Not open for further replies.