My quest for a well sealed EP 25.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Knapp

Burning Hunk
Dec 11, 2012
Poughkeepsie, NY
As most of you know, I've posted some things that I have done to seal my Englander to get it to it's original target efficiency. From straightening the burn pot, to checking gasket contact, etc. Today I noticed a HUGE gap on the right side of the hopper lid. It was between 3/16" and 1/4". I took the rope gasket, folded it in half and tacked it down with some trim adhesive. I also resealed the burnpot cradle gasket. I then took the burnpot and inspected the bottom side of it. I saw a weld bead that seemed like it could possibly alter air flow to the pot. I ground down the weld and put a slight radius on the bottom of the pot. I then crafted a gasket for the burnpot made from the leftover gasket from the blower housing. These mods, coupled with the use of Barefoot pellets(which burn very clean and hot), have yielded a 200 degree Farenheit Convection air temp, with the blower on High (9) and the feed on 3. My LBA is still on 7. Tomorrow I'll back down the LBA to 6 and see what happens.

Nice. My Englander 10-CPM came with a Very warped Burn pot. I requested another and had it in less than a weeo.

Any burn pot bypass you seal, you gain burn air. Sounds like you have done a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.