My Ryobi electric splitter has locked up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No...I could really use it this weekend as my shoulder is acting up and don't need to be swinging a maul...

I was going to suggest you eat the maple cream puff and saw the wood instead of the other way around! ;lol But I'm glad you got the problem fixed. Have you had this problem with the Ryobi Electric splitter before? Anything us newbies should know about it before we consider buying it?

This was my first problem. The Ryobi (and now the Homelite which appears to be same model) has been pretty reliable. I've heard of more issues with other brands. Mine was 9 years old. Hopefully good for a few more.

I wonder if the on/off design where you push the button down for each split causes more wear than a different design where the motor runs continuously?

Reactions: mikey517
Status
Not open for further replies.