My snocean (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kool_hand_Looke

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2013
Illinois
My tractor is a New Holland 32L that's a category 2 and front wheel assist. My driveway snow was almost 2 feet over the front tire. The Subaru which we got this spring has completely impressed me. I've got a 99' F-150 4wd with Cooper SST on a short box single cab...and that Subaru with street tires will destroy that truck in snow.

Attachments

• IMAG0290.jpg
    IMAG0290.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 273
  • Screenshot_2014-01-06-17-57-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-06-17-57-21.png
    298.4 KB · Views: 272
Throw some snow tires on that Subaru (if you haven't already) and it will truly rock your world . . . I put some snow tires (no studs) on my wife's Legacy and it has been a big improvement.

That Subaru doesn't weigh in at 7500 lbs either, put 4-600 lbs of something over the rear axel on the F150, report back. Never ran coopers , so I don't know them. but I always ran a fairly open tread with good shoulder lugs, never had a problem in the 13 years I had my 99 4x4 F150 extra cab. truck is pretty light in the back end with out some counter balance unlike the subraru with a fairly even weight distribution. In the ten years I had my VW bug ( old style not the current units) I only got stuck once ,course the snow was a little over 2 ft deep and it was a rather long uphill slope, just plain ran out of forward momentum. I almost made it to the top about 50ft short. That thing with snow tires in the back acted more like a snowmobile than a car. It would throw 15' high snow rooster tails out the back when you put your foot into that little eng. ( dang crazy kid back then)

Reactions: PapaDave
It's Subarus AWD symmetrical something or other that does the trick. Those cars are def built for the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.