I received an order of processed wood, 4 cord a few months ago for 2019/2020 winter. To my surprise a large majority of it is red and white oak, about 3 cord worth with about a cord of beech and hard maple mixed in. Because this past winter was so long, and wet I knew I would need a solution to get this sub 20%, and within 6 months. Heeding the advice given here on the forums I decided to tackle some solar kilns. I somewhat copied a design by a forum member, woodsplitter, but with a little more shade tree engineering incorporated. All materials I used, I already had laying around. Old PT fence posts, some brick pavers, landscape fabric etc... the only purchase I made was the 3mil plastic tops and shrink wrap. Total was about $27 from Lowe’s. Each row is about 20’ long and roughly 4 - 5’ high and 22” deep. I’d say a little over a cord in each. I have two rows in kilns and two more stacked in a single row, uncovered, as a control row. All rows get full sun from dawn until about 6pm. I started with a base of black landscaping fabric. The idea is to keep the bottom clean and allow for better airflow by snuffing out the weeds. I then built the wood rack on top of that. Up off the ground via bricks. I built the racks in such a way the 22” splits would stack easily within the inside dimension, while the outside dimension, between the vertical 2x4s left roughly a 1” air gap at the split ends for air and moisture evacuation. The idea is to get air in from below and travel across the splits wicking out the moisture then out the ends of the row. I tacked the 3 mil plastic down over a rope (kinda like a ridge on a roof) with some roofing nails I had. I started one layer of shrink wrap underneath the 3mil plastic to shed rain water away from the wood. Then I proceeded to wrap over that normally. The top ends of the stacks are left open for ventilation. The moisture of the oak going in was roughly 30%. I’ll check a couple random samples every two weeks and compare it to the uncovered row. It’s not perfect and I know some of the wood is contacting the plastic. I’m going to monitor the progress and see if that makes a difference between rot or drying wood.