My Vernon AE Vacuum Switch Error message

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dono55

Feb 5, 2018
NY
i have a 10 yr old MT Vernon AE pellet stove that has a vacuum switch error. I have replaced the vacuum switch, cleaned out the stove, checked and cleaned the exhaust pipe, cleaned the combustion motor, and checked the gaskets and I still get the error message. Any other suggestions on what I should do? Could it be the control board (original with the stove)?

Does the door and ash door latch tight ?
How are the gaskets (rope) on same ?
Vac hose clear ,no holes kinks split ?
Hose nipple clean into exhaust path ?
Combustion blow on ?

Reactions: kappel15
I got it to work but I think the problem is the ash pan drawer as that does not seat properly.

You can get new rope gasket and latches for it, but I don't think that is it as I have pulled my ashpan while stove is running and never had a problem. What revision control board do you have? There is a white sticker on bottom of it that has a Rev SRV700- something. Need to know as some of the original boards had issues with vac switch error codes. kap

You can get new rope gasket and latches for it, but I don't think that is it as I have pulled my ashpan while stove is running and never had a problem. What revision control board do you have? There is a white sticker on bottom of it that has a Rev SRV700- something. Need to know as some of the original boards had issues with vac switch error codes. kap
I assume you are talking about the wall control unit. If you are, I do not see any stickers on the bottom of the control board. I know I have not changed it since I bought it in 2008 if that helps any.

There is usually a sticker on the control board Different times of years, and different years, is when they had upgrades. On 4/24/2008 they came out with the 7.5 code that addressed the logic problem with the vac switch and auger jam error code. This control board is the 456C revision,. Did you check the nipple on the drop chute where the vac hose attaches to? kap

Last edited: