My vernon non ae

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

97 tj 4.0

Nov 12, 2018
Indiana
Hello all only my second post. I have a non ae my vernon that I am trying to work the previous owner bugs out of. Have replaced control box and went thru and made sure all connections are contacting(blowers weren't coming on) it is burning but sounds like a jet engine. And fire barely comes above pot. My question is door seals between glass and body of stove. It has seals all 4 sides glass gets dirty in a day. Do these have air wash with one gasket missing?

Depending on year, older models had air wash on top. Around 05 or 06, they changed it to the bottom. I would also make sure all pot holes are clear and there is no more then a dimes width opening at back of pot floor. kap

Depending on year, older models had air wash on top. Around 05 or 06, they changed it to the bottom. I would also make sure all pot holes are clear and there is no more then a dimes width opening at back of pot floor. kap
That would explain a lot! It has gasket all way around door! And glass gets dirty after 1 day burning and it pulls a lot of embers out and blows them outside. They were like chunks of pellets partially burnt! Thanks a lot for info!!!!

Do a google seach or utube on door gasket install for your stove. Should be able to find video's. kap