...my wife beat me to it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner73

Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
NY
On my third year running my FPX36 (ZC insert by Travis-FireplaceX).

I have read the rumors about the airwash burning off the glass for all this time. I have read about wood not being seasoned = black glass.

Well you are all right and my wife is the one to prove it. Loaded up the stove with dry wood - ran it super hot. Now nice clean glass.

For the technical out there- with a magnetic thermo on the door just under the catalytic lever-temp read about 375F-400F. This is hotter than we normally run it.

About 2500 sq ft heated to 70+ in for hours now. ABout 19F outside

So moral of the story- burn seasoned wood, burn it hot, and let your wife run the stove.

Reactions: Leiper
*Like*

Big difference right? Seasoned wood burns so much hotter than the wet stuff. Eileen, I was in Ridge yesterday. I thought of you.

funny thing is that I have been religiously trying to "burn of the soot" for 3 years. Without even thinking about it she pulls i off. I guess my job is to split and haul and hers is to burn.... :(

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.