My wood shed is done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I need to thank a few members who posted pictures of their own sheds. I searched around on here and borrowed a few ideas, including the pallet floor. I like that the pallets spread the weight out over the whole footprint of the shed instead of just at the posts. Cheap concrete patio blocks keep the pallets off the ground so they'll last a little longer.

Your shed looks real good. Your property looks alot like mine. I live in Arlington Wa and have lots of cedars like you do!

We're pretty close. I'm in the Lake Goodwin area.

Very nice looking shed! Great Job

We sure are close. I live just off the Kackman road just north of Arlington. I'm in the design process of building my wood shed now. Mine will be similar to yours in that the floor will be pallets too. I really like the sloped front roof you built and hope you dont mine me stealing your idea...

You and your father do nice work. Good job blacktail.

Blacktail, good work. The only problem I see is perhaps a big problem with moss on the shingles. If so, the next time you might consider a steel roof.

I'll agree with dennis. You are going to have roof problems. There is not enough slope on that roof for shingles, and moss will compound the problem. It should be good for 5 years, but I'd keep my open for a good deal on some steel. It does look very nice though.

awesome looking shed! Im putting together a list of materials and i cant find the deck blocks with the metal saddle thing to attach the 4x4. I can only find deck blocks with the hole made to fit the 4x4 and there would be no way to secure the 4x4 to the deck block. Do you need to drill a hole in the concrete to add the metal attachment? or are they bought like that at certain places?

Blacktail that is an excellent wood shed! Great well thought design and well built! Thinking that hearth.com needs a photo section for wood sheds to give people ideas when thinking of building a wood shed. Personally I like your shed and wish mine was as good!

Ray

Thanks again for all of the compliments. I spent a lot of time looking on hearth.com and google for wood shed pictures to glean ideas from.

Now we need a picture of it full.
A beautiful wood shed looks even better when it's full ;)

Reactions: raybonz
Absolutely Dave! You sir are a true wood burning genius!

;)

Ray

Check this out. My dad does a lot of woodworking and made a birdhouse for me. I'll hang it in one of the cedars by the shed.
bhouse.jpg

I've got enough wood to fill the shed, but I'll leave it out to season through the summer.

Reactions: raybonz
do you think the roof overhang will cause you issues when it's raining and you're out to get wood? or, is that a different shed? i'm contemplating the same issue (straight overhang or a return like you have it). if you do straight and using shingles, there's not really a clean way to cap off the shingles so that water doesn't get under the top-most layer.

Iron,

Not sure you noticed but this tread is 6 years old . As to your question the good new is blacktail surely know by now good answers to your questions.

It's been good the way it is.