My XXV died

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I fixed it. I had it on for a while to get the chill out this morning. Ran fine then I noticed it was quieter than normal. Flame was almost out and a lot of glowing pellets inside the feed tube area. Led light was on for the feed motor but it wasn't turning. Even though it's still under warranty I have to see myself why. I was attempting to check voltage on the feed motor wires and found the wire had come off the motor terminal. It went on ok, not loose, and fired right back up ok. Weird, makes me think the wire was never really on the terminal good to start. And to think, if it weren't for this lousy New England weather we're getting, I may not have found out untill next season.

Rick.

sometimes "hospital connectors" (spade connectors ) have female ends which are wider spaced than the spade ( male end) to correct , gently squeeze with a pair of needle nose with the female end unconected and reconnect , you should feel resistance when you push onto the spade, also its easy to "miss " the metal female end and get between the plastic and the outside of the metal end , this may stay for a while then fall off also. could have been either one which caused your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.