Mystical Fire...safe for wood stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamslam42

Oct 13, 2015
Columbus, OH
I got some Mystical Fire packets for Christmas, and it says it is safe for any indoor or outdoor wood burning fire, but I haven't found any info that specifically says it is safe for wood stoves. I have used some colored pine cones in before that said they were safe for any wood burning appliance and I felt ok about burning those. Has anybody used the Mystical Fire packets in their stove/insert?

My sister gave me something like that for Christmas that says the same thing. For some reason I can bring myself to try them and risk my 300 dollars cat lol. One thing that made me think they aren't safe is it doesn't say remove from package and that package is plastic.

I would not do it they are chemicals in that packet

I cannot say that I have ever heard of them. When in doubt, burn them out...outside, in the fire pit.

I don't think I'd want to risk it and find out it was a mistake, I'd pass on that......

I've got a mystical fire going every time I crank up my woodstove and start seeing those secondaries. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.