Name your Wood shed??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doogiegh

Aug 23, 2011
Central NJ
Ok, I've built a wood shed and have alot of wood.

I wonder if anyone has a nickname for their wood shed.. I'm thinking of using a soldering gun or wood engraving kit and stenciling out a nick name for my shed.

So far, I can think of WOOD WHORES or STACKS GONE WILD.

Anyone got any other name for their "storage area"?

A buddy of mine helps me out when scrounging for free wood and we think there should be a show on History channel, like American Pickers, called "Wood Whores".. Where various teams of scroungers drive around in big trucks searching for wood and get all excited (and compete to get the wood first), for like Oak, ash, etc. Teams start to fight over the wood, fists start flying and there's territories for the wood, like on Deadliest Catch...

And in one segment, guy drives up to a nice pile and walks away all ticked off cause it's spongy pine... <grin>

Anyways, let's hear some names for the wood shed!

No pet name for mine but here on this forum, I call it the woodshed. It's an open shed with no walls (made with poles) so in conversation with the wife, I call it the pole shed.

doogiegh said:
Ok, I've built a wood shed and have alot of wood.

I wonder if anyone has a nickname for their wood shed.. I'm thinking of using a soldering gun or wood engraving kit and stenciling out a nick name for my shed.

So far, I can think of WOOD WHORES or STACKS GONE WILD.

Anyone got any other name for their "storage area"?

A buddy of mine helps me out when scrounging for free wood and we think there should be a show on History channel, like American Pickers, called "Wood Whores".. Where various teams of scroungers drive around in big trucks searching for wood and get all excited (and compete to get the wood first), for like Oak, ash, etc. Teams start to fight over the wood, fists start flying and there's territories for the wood, like on Deadliest Catch...

And in one segment, guy drives up to a nice pile and walks away all ticked off cause it's spongy pine... <grin>

Anyways, let's hear some names for the wood shed!

So some day where going to see you on TV!!! That will be a good show. How about " THE STACK HOUSE"

I wish I could always call it "Full" and never ever call it "Empty".

Just thought of "GOT WOOD??" like the got milk? commericals? :)

June 2011 Ol' Reliable

Attachments

• finally its completely full after 8.5 months.jpg
    finally its completely full after 8.5 months.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 684
A buddy of mine helps me out when scrounging for free wood and we think there should be a show on History channel, like American Pickers, called “Wood Whoresâ€.. Where various teams of scroungers drive around in big trucks searching for wood and get all excited (and compete to get the wood first), for like Oak, ash, etc. Teams start to fight over the wood, fists start flying and there’s territories for the wood, like on Deadliest Catch…

And in one segment, guy drives up to a nice pile and walks away all ticked off cause it’s spongy pine… <grin

It's only the 4th of December and cabin fever is already setting in. LOL Maybe some geek will develop an APP for the I Phone and everybody can play on line............

rottiman said:
A buddy of mine helps me out when scrounging for free wood and we think there should be a show on History channel, like American Pickers, called “Wood Whoresâ€.. Where various teams of scroungers drive around in big trucks searching for wood and get all excited (and compete to get the wood first), for like Oak, ash, etc. Teams start to fight over the wood, fists start flying and there’s territories for the wood, like on Deadliest Catch…

And in one segment, guy drives up to a nice pile and walks away all ticked off cause it’s spongy pine… <grin

It's only the 4th of December and cabin fever is already setting in. LOL Maybe some geek will develop an APP for the I Phone and everybody can play on line............

LOL... "wood whores" yup, thats me :) Just can't get enough. I have plenty of wood on my own property, but if I'm driving back from town and see a dead maple/oak in someones yard/property, I'll get the platt book out and find out who owns the property and ask if I can have the wood. Absolutely shameless, I know, but just can't stand to see it there knowing someone else might get it first. LOL

Yeah, I call it "The Shed Formerly Known As Mine".

Built it with loving care two years ago and now I have to leave it here when I go. :mad:

That's OK, the next one will be bigger and better. :)

Pat53 said:
but if I'm driving back from town and see a dead maple/oak in someones yard/property, I'll get the platt book out and find out who owns the property and ask if I can have the wood. Absolutely shameless, I know, but just can't stand to see it there knowing someone else might get it first. LOL

LOL I've done that before.Almost always the property owner says 'Thank You' & is glad to have the mess gone.Though a couple times they did tell me "Sorry,I promised that for my lazy son in law or brother in law :-S " Never hurts to ask though,worst that can happen is they say no.No big deal.

Thistle said:
...a couple times they did tell me "Sorry,I promised that for my lazy son in law or brother in law :-S
That's when you tell them that you aren't lazy and then hand them your cellphone to call their lazy relative to offer them an ultimative that with you it can be gone within a week.

I have two sheds: burn shed for the respectable species, straight grained, appropriately sized splits and the second chance shed for everything else.

SolarAndWood said:
I have two sheds: burn shed for the respectable species, straight grained, appropriately sized splits and the second chance shed for everything else.
S&W, I don't know anyone with 2 sheds! :lol: Until now!

Battenkiller said:
Yeah, I call it "The Shed Formerly Known As Mine".

Built it with loving care two years ago and now I have to leave it here when I go. :mad:

That's OK, the next one will be bigger and better. :)
Hate that BK but I will expect pictures!

tfdchief said:
SolarAndWood said:

lol, didn't cost a whole lot to cantilever the trusses in a few spots when we redid the flat roof.

We call ours, barn.

I built a wood shed after Irene and got really lucky after the October snowstorm. I have all my dry White Ash under the house and have been using this one for the trees that dropped in the storms. Name? The Love Shack.

Attachments

• Woodshed 1.jpg
    Woodshed 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 442
Love Shack (of course)

Splitsville

Vicarage

Old Oak Manor

Keep Out

tfdchief said:
SolarAndWood said:

Don't encourage him or he'll be building a "Last Chance" shed for punky wood. %-P

I call it "Dry Wood"
Especially today in the rain :)

Attachments

• 100_6912.jpg
    100_6912.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 365
bogydave said:
I call it "Dry Wood"
Boggydave, I just marvel every time I see that wood shed. I really don't know why you need all of that with that BK, and therefore, logically, you should send at least half of it to me! :cheese:

bogydave said:
I call it "Dry Wood"

What's the dimensions on the shed?? Good grief that's alotta wood!

Status
Not open for further replies.