Napolean Arlington - MOVE OVER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clemkonan

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto chimney
I have a Napolean Arlington in my basement and I am doing over the floor after a small flood. The new floor will be lower than original. I have a plug ready to seal off the connection to the stove and the gas supply to the stove is turned off. My problem is that at the stove pipe it's a pipe within a pipe and I do not want to damage anything albeit the inner pipe looks flexible. I was hoping to disconnect the stove pipe plug off the line, gain access to the floor and continue the floor installion then reconnect any advice?

Attachments

• 1493088047881-1329198417.jpg
    1493088047881-1329198417.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 145
Last edited by a moderator:
Most vertical installations of DV pipe have an adjustable - or slip - section in them.
all sections of the pipe SHOULD just twist apart, except for the slip.
That should pull apart, unless there are 3 screws holding the 2 pieces of the slip.
Re-installation will be twisting in the opposite direction & installing 3 screws at a different location.
The inner piece of the DV pipe is NOT flexible.