Napoleon 1400 banff clean out door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Klg321

Apr 26, 2017
Newfoundland
Hi folks,,, I have a question about my Napoleon 1400 banff,, I've noticed that there is a small amount of air coming in through the clean out door of the stove,, it has been thoroughly cleaned and there's definitely nothing caught up in it,, burn times seem to be ok,, I am seeing more glow in the coals around the area of the clean out door,, just wondering if this is normal,,, I may be keeping the stove too clean... Your insight would be greatly appreciated,, thank you to all... Cheers

When the fire is completely out, check the ashplug area to see if there is a chunk of charcoal or a clinker that is stuck in the opening and allowing an air leak. The sides of the ashplug hole and the ashplug surfaces need to be completely clean for a good seal.