Napoleon 1400PL - leg model - outdoor air intake.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NapoleonicTonic

Oct 29, 2022
Fredericton Canada
Hi everyone!

long time,listener, first time caller.

I own a relatively newish Napoleon 1400-PL (leg model).
I also own an older, (air) leaky house that will greatly benefit from an OAK (outdoor air kit).

Mostly due to condensation on windows, drawing cold air in from my leaky house and causing my pipes to sweat, one to even freeze from time to time (another story).

Being I have the leg model - it seems the standard 115KT outdoor air kit needs an attachment or back plate of some kind. The problem is, I cannot find any information anywhere on the net on where I can actually get this back plate/outdoor pipe connector for the 4” Piping.

manual;
Pages 6-7 shows this backplate, but apparently mine is without one.

1) anyone know where I can get this backplate/if required?

2) anyone have experience with this model and the OAK - with some advice?

thanks in advanced!

regards,
MB

The manual says the knockout plate was included with the stove in the ash pan for shipping. It looks like it would be fairly easy to have one fabricated if not located.

The manual says the knockout plate was included with the stove in the ash pan for shipping. It looks like it would be fairly easy to have one fabricated if not located.
Sadly no knockout plate, it’s not my stove originally.

so I wouldn’t even know where to begin to get something tooled, I can’t find well described in any manual, parts replacements, etc.

It's a shame that it's missing. On the older 1400PL it looks like it came attached from the factory. I am wondering about feeding the outside air from the bottom, instead of the back. Is your stove wide open in the lower back or is there a blank metal plate there now?

The knockout plate that is missing attaches with 2 screws. It looks like one could be mocked up out of cardboard and then taken to a sheetmetal shop to be made.

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 5.31.37 PM.png