Napoleon 1402 Chimney Sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilz128

Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
I have the Napoleon 1402 fireplace insert. 15 foot liner. Wanted to know if anyone had any experience with sweeping their liner. If so. Any tips would be appreciated. Basically wanted to know if I could sweep the liner and then just shop vac after I was done. Or do I need to disconnect the stove from the liner and pull the stove out to do the chimney sweep. Thanks a lot guys.

sweep, them remove baffies from upper part of stove, sweep out no need to pull stove, may need to remove upper bricks and clean than replace

Reactions: Gilz128
I hope i catch you in time. Just got mine swept.. take the bricks out from the top of the stove, remove cap from top of chimney liner, sweep, remove debris, replace bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.