Napoleon NPI40, What is this part?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TimL

Mar 19, 2013
Recently purchased a used NPI40 to install in my son's fireplace. The previous owner never used as it came with her house and this part was loose. Stove is installed and running fine but would like to install this part if needed. Can anyone with this model or NPS40 advise where it goes?
Also, my son's home is small and he would like to run the convection fan lower than the current switch allows. Is there a way to do this without interfering with the feature where the fan speed ramps up if the stove gets hot?
Would appreciate any input. Guess I am spoiled by my Harman.

npi40part.jpg npi40parta.jpg

Pic looks like one of the convection vent fins but im not sure. As for the blower going slowe that is usually set by the control board and slowing a motor down to much will burn the windings out quickly. They are manufactured to run at curtain speeds

Reactions: SidecarFlip
...additionally, running the room air blower at a reduced rpm artificially will cause the unit to overheat and most likely shut down and possibly warp the firebox.

They are designed to be run with pre set parameters for a reason. IOW, don't screw with it.

Thanks for the reply. Starting to think this is a trim piece that clips on to the bottom of this part below.
On the blower, I "Think" on this model you can leave the convection blower off and the fan will cycle on/off if stove temp sensor hits 160 degrees. I seem to recall running the stove in my driver to test it and left the fan off. Turned on by itself.
1606263291881.png

Thanks for the reply. Starting to think this is a trim piece that clips on to the bottom of this part below.
On the blower, I "Think" on this model you can leave the convection blower off and the fan will cycle on/off if stove temp sensor hits 160 degrees. I seem to recall running the stove in my driver to test it and left the fan off. Turned on by itself.
View attachment 267646
Sidecar-- Good point, will take that into consideration.