Q&A Nashua woodstove ducting questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have an old Nashua woodstove that was originally built with venting conduits from each side connected to openings in the fireplace upstairs; we bought the house two years ago and this vent system is now nowhere to be found, and I was not able to locate Nashua. Can you help me locate Nashua and/or someone who knows where to obtain this venting system...or knows how to build one??? We really have been using the stove to try to heat the entire house in the winter, BUT, without this vent system it is not really very effective...at least not as effective as it could be.

Answer:

The company is long out of business. The stove had a heat exchanger which, as I remember, was driven by a blower in the rear and an outlet on either side of the stove. The heat could simply be allowed to go into the room..or a duct could be hooked up to the outlet and piped to another area. You could do this simply by purchasing sheet metal ductwork at your local supply house.

Status
Not open for further replies.