Nc30 or Summit Insert Body C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
hello everyone!

Should I buy a nc30 and install in my fireplace or a Summit insert body c?
30 is New @$900 and Summit is 3yo for $1100?
30 is Big and I might have to take legs off to fit In the fireplace and will remove rear heat shield.

I assume this is sliding into a masonry fireplace, if you are removing heat shields?

if you are talking the Englander, its got the fan about 6inches on the back and the switches, air intake, etc

If you are sliding it into the firebox an insert will work much better because it has a convective jacket that helps get the heat out of that firebox.

hello everyone!

30 is Big and I might have to take legs off to fit In the fireplace and will remove rear heat shield.
I have an A body Summit I'll sell ya cheap. Needs a couple welds & firebrick.

hello everyone!

For $200.00 difference, Summit all the way. No cutting needed.