Neanderthal Manger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Well I got the Neanderthal Manger set up a few weeks ago. Just got it stocked full of wood. Cost next to nothing to build, screwed together for easy disassembly next spring & reassembly the following fall. Might add on or improve, but for now, it does the job. Also set up the lil pipsqueak rack also. Hoping not to have to reastack the two for a month or so. So here is my Manger, with my baby wood, 3 three wise woods and the rest of the clan ;)

Attachments

• P1010001_01.JPG
    P1010001_01.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 585
  • P1010002_01.JPG
    P1010002_01.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 584
  • P1010003_01.JPG
    P1010003_01.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 586
All covered and ready to rock.
Fatheads to the left, skinny minnies to the right.

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 555
  • P1010005_01.JPG
    P1010005_01.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 560
Nice. I like the pallet walls.

ALso been busting arse to get the pile in driveway split & stacked,
before & after, with about 2 more cords to split.
Last one is my drive thru wood piles ;) Drive in, load the truck drive around back, stack em, drive around front, come in house and work on house.
I need to have a few beers one day ;)

Attachments

• P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 562
  • P1010009_01.JPG
    P1010009_01.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 601
  • P1010008_01.JPG
    P1010008_01.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 579
So much to do round here, and I still have to at some point get to the dead standing & laying wood all within 30 yrds of the house.

Attachments

• P1010006_01.JPG
    P1010006_01.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 575
  • P1010007_01.JPG
    P1010007_01.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 538
Looks like your gonna give Eric and BB a run for biggest, baddest wood pile.

rdrcr56 said:
Looks like your gonna give Eric and BB a run for biggest, baddest wood pile.
LOL, well its is instinctively in me to want to. But, I have so many projects, addition, work things to do. Its going to be a while.

Don't even think about it, boys and girls.

Eric Johnson said:

i don't know thats one mean stack!! and a drive thru!!! can you top that ???? lets see wow a drive thru . wish i had a drive thru for wood!!! lmao

iceman said:
Eric Johnson said:

i don't know thats one mean stack!! and a drive thru!!! can you top that ???? lets see wow a drive thru . wish i had a drive thru for wood!!! lmao

Eric has 43+ plus cords on the pile!

BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
Eric Johnson said:

Eric has 43+ plus cords on the pile!

yeah i saw it AFTER i was here.... OMG!!!!!
but he does not have a drive thru...lmao
and that 43 is going down... if we ever run out we will be going over there for the weekend...!!!lol

Looking good. Isn't that too much wood for this winter? You do have the Summit! ;-)

Todd said:
Looking good. Isn't that too much wood for this winter? You do have the Summit! ;-)
Well I am in competition with the Nuker plant, I'll be damned is their green glow is going to shine brighter than my orange one ;)

And thanks Shane, I love it here, will be sepnding the rest of my years to make it just the way I want it. But its already more then 1/2 there.

Pook said:
Hogwildz said:
Todd said:
Well I am in competition with the Nuker plant, I'll be damned is their green glow is going to shine brighter than my orange one ;)

And thanks Shane, I love it here, will be sepnding the rest of my years to make it just the way I want it. But its already more then 1/2 there.
how much your electric rates? next to nuke.

Better than the other electrical supplier that my parents 20 miles away have. I don't have a bill on hand for exact rates.
I know its also much better than my old townhouse near Philly. Of course I cook with LP here on the stove, and oven is electric.
LP top off last year was $17.50 ;) My old place was about 3/4 more than this place. This place being more than double the size also.
Living in the woods is great for the most part. Of course my home owners costs more cause the nearest fire co. is a ways away & no hydrants here.

Status
Not open for further replies.