'Nearly' Free wood 5 miles southeast of Tamaqua, Pa 18252

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbcijim

Mar 10, 2008
Schuylkill County, Pa
I own 85 acres 5 miles southeast of Tamaqua, Pa 18252. It has about 25 wooded acres on it. It was logged before I bought it. Nothing is bigger than 12"-14". Very little of it is sloped (maybe 5 acres has 10% grade), the rest is flat. There is a lot of dead wood on the ground and standing dead. I don't know what kind any of it is.

If anyone wants to come collect the dead wood, they can have it. No cutting of live trees. I think you can drive pretty close to most of it.

I live 40 minutes away from there, so you'll have to schedule meeting me there ahead of time.

I don't care how much you take.

I ask:
There is 2-3 small 8-10" tree that I need totally cleaned up (branches hauled into the woods 25' away). Trees that fell where they shouldn't have.
I like Molson Canadian (bottles) - hint hint.

Damn Jim, yer killin' me. That is about 45 miles from me, so is outside my "comfort zone" for pickup. My old IH gets about 7mpg loaded, but it is a 5 yd box, so I can haul an honest cord+ with each load. I am going to get some pine this weekend a bit closer to home (~25 miles).

Thanks for sharing the opportunity with the group.

Thank you for the kind offer. I sure could use it but it's too far from Lancaster for my "comfort zone" also.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.