Need a good installer in the RI area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Mod edit: Moved this request to the main forum for a broader audience.

I’ve had good experience with Armstrong Chimney in Norwich, CT. But for any install, regardless of who you go with, I’d recommend getting input from this forum along the way so that you have multiple eyes on your project. Lots of good(and free) info on this forum.
BTW, what are you looking to install. Freestanding stove, insert, etc?

Last edited:
I’ve had good experience with Armstrong Chimney in Norwich, CT. But for any install, regardless of who you go with, I’d recommend getting input from this forum along the way so that you have multiple eyes on your project. Lots of good(and free) info on this forum.
I had a Jotul Greenville installed last fall to replace my Jotul Kennebec but it was set back rather deeply in my fireplace using the top stovepipe top exit rather than the rear. The installer said that the stove would have to be pulled out whenever I had my stovepipe cleaned. Afterwards as I gathered more info, I decided I should have had him set it out further on the hearth with a rear stovepipe exit with a “T “ for easier cleaning. My installer says he can’t get the necessary parts from his supplier because my stove calls for 6” pipe and the liner is 5 1/2”. He wants to install a new 6” liner for approximately $2,000. The previous liner was installed around 2007 for the Kennebec. He previously also mentioned that he doesn’t install block-off plates. Something doesn’t sound right to me so I’m looking for another installer.

Thanks for the recommendation by the way.

Reactions: Ctwoodtick
I hear you. You have to go with that feeling. I think @bholler had said that your installer is not being straight with you as well on your issue. I’m from RI and i would think there’s a number of sweeps out there that can give you a good outcome. I know you said northwest RI so, that may eliminate some I suppose. Let us know how it goes.

I hear you. You have to go with that feeling. I think @bholler had said that your installer is not being straight with you as well on your issue. I’m from RI and i would think there’s a number of sweeps out there that can give you a good outcome. I know you said northwest RI so, that may eliminate some I suppose. Let us know how it goes.
I’ve already sent Armstrong Chimney an email with my situation. I am probably outside of their service area but they may be able to give me some good info.

Reactions: Ctwoodtick