Need help fireplace won’t flame up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
There IS moisture in Natural Gas (& LP), but THAT seems excessive.
Check your module. It's probably 3VDC.
Not sure if two 1.5VDC batteries in series will actuate the solenoid...Maybe...

DAKSY... YOU are CORRECT! I was able to use 2 AA batteries in series and test.. When tested the pilot side solenoid does make the CLICK, i.e. open, but the MAIN doesn't.. So I would say the Solenoid is BAD... Grrrr... Houston... we have found the problem... :)

DAKSY.... Thank you so much for taking time to assist your common fella...

Attachments

• 5a4504a7.jpg
    5a4504a7.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 214
Daksy, one last question... Once I get this working again, can I lose the fake logs and cover this fire pan with fireplace glass? As long as I don't smother the slits on the pan it seems like it would work... your thoughts? thanks again...

I would say NO unless the manual says it's ok.
Your unit was designed for the artificial logset & that logset is supposed
to be set up in a certain position for the best flame presentation & heating capability.
Your house, your family. Up to you.

Very happy to UPDATE that I received the NEW valve and installed and everything is working wonderfully.. So there you go.. Also added the fire glass and left the logs in the garage.. ;) Big THANKS to everyone that makes this site awesome and helpful.

20180102_191705.jpg