Need help with something inside the stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pack2rule

Dec 16, 2019
Indiana
Can someone please tell me how the tile is suppose to sit in the stove?
Is it suppose to sit toward the front or back?
If toward the back it seems to smother the fire,
If toward the front how do you keep it forward?
When we put in wood it gets bumped and moves back.
I called and no one can seem to answer me.

Can someone please tell me how the tile is suppose to sit in the stove?
Is it suppose to sit toward the front or back?
If toward the back it seems to smother the fire,
If toward the front how do you keep it forward?
When we put in wood it gets bumped and moves back.
I called and no one can seem to answer me.
What stove make/model is this? What tile is this, baffle brick?

Sounds like this may be the ceramic fiberboard baffle that sits over the firebrick. Is that correct? If so, it belongs pushed to the rear. Try to not bump it with wood when loading. It can crack.

If the fire seems to smother when it is to the rear, try leaving the door slightly ajar (1/2") until the wood starts burning well and use some more dry kindling. If that still doesn't work the wood may not be fully seasoned.

Sounds like this may be the ceramic fiberboard baffle that sits over the firebrick. Is that correct? If so, it belongs pushed to the rear. Try to not bump it with wood when loading. It can crack.

If the fire seems to smother when it is to the rear, try leaving the door slightly ajar (1/2") until the wood starts burning well and use some more dry kindling. If that still doesn't work the wood may not be fully seasoned.
That is what I am talking about. Thank you so much for you help with this. First year with the stove and different then the fireplace I had.