Need Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwfl

Jan 1, 2016
South Carolina
I just rented a home with a gas log fireplace set. The owner didn't like gas so never used it but I would like to get it set up safely. I believe it was a self install by previous owner/builder. It burns propane and has a 20# cylinder on the outside of wall behind the fireplace. Cylinders are over 12 years old and not recertified. The gas log mfg. is MAJESTIC Model RC36. I would prefer new cylinder and manual for unit.
Can anyone help?

Gary

You sure of the model number? That sounds more like a Zero Clearance Wood Burning fireplace.
You should contact your local hearth shop to make sure everything is correctly installed before
you attempt to use this gas log. It burns a fuel that gives off byproducts that can be deadly, &
needs to be thoroughly inspected.

Those are correct specs...but I will double check where I pulled it from. Could be a fireplace insert with a self installed gas log setup.

DAKSY: You are correct. I got those specs from the firebox. Don't see anything on the gas fixture itself. I will look around the local area (Myrtle Beach...I just moved here so I don't know where anything is yet). Maybe there are specs on the backside or bottom of the gas fixture...I'll disconnect it and check.

If you can't find a model number, post a pic. Somebody here may be able to ID it.
Many gas log sets originally came with a removable rating plate, & yours may be gone.

If you can't find a model number, post a pic. Somebody here may be able to ID it.
Many gas log sets originally came with a removable rating plate, & yours may be gone.

Finally got around to getting pictures. Could not remove the unit for better access as I don't have good tools with me and the gas pipe fittings are really tight. If these pics don't help I'll borrow or buy proper wrenches.

Attachments

• DSC03947.JPG
    DSC03947.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC03948.JPG
    DSC03948.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 127
  • DSC03950.JPG
    DSC03950.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.