Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

0816btc

Dec 19, 2021
Louisburg, KS
Just moved into a home with a Hawke wood stove and I’m unsure how to operate it. I understand the damper part and I have it fully open and can start a fire no problem. Just not sure what the switch and knob are or how to fully operate this stove.

0979B6E9-726F-4014-9806-DB4D4CF05249.jpeg D42516CD-57B4-4D98-B520-4CD93AE0A13B.jpeg

I am going to guess the knobs and switches operate the convection/room blower. Do you have the insert and chimney cleaned and inspected by a chimney professional?

Yes it was inspected and swept prior to me moving in. It seems as if the switch turns a fan on and the knob controls the amount of air (it gets louder as the knob turns). However, there’s no air or anything that I can feel being pushed out anywhere.

Reactions: EbS-P