Need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Danny m

Dec 24, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I have to replace my stovepipe and chimney on an old wood stove in a home I purchased, is there a place where I can buy a kit to do this or so I have to piece everything together individually? Thank you

Welcome. Can you post some pictures of the stove, stovepipe, and the chimney so that we can see what you need?

Reactions: Danny m
Here are a couple photos

6BE3D547-E0AE-4628-9460-58D8AEC3CFCA.jpeg A32523D9-E3B4-4764-81F0-D5E0B8BF46CB.jpeg

Will you be relocating or replacing the old stove and putting in a new metal chimney at that location or just replacing what we see here.
The old Earth Stove does not look like it has proper clearances.

If just replacing what is there, yes, there are kits that have most of the parts one needs. These are sold online and through the big box stores like Home Depot. Often they are with value line chimney. If you want a better grade it's best to buy the parts separately, but the kit will show you what is used for the job. The kits will not include the actual chimney pipe which will vary with the height of the installation.

For example, this is with DuraVent's DuraPlus value line of chimney. The better product is DuraTech.

Will you be relocating or replacing the old stove and putting in a new metal chimney at that location or just replacing what we see here.
The old Earth Stove does not look like it has proper clearances.

If just replacing what is there, yes, there are kits that have most of the parts one needs. These are sold online and through the big box stores like Home Depot. Often they are with value line chimney. If you want a better grade it's best to buy the parts separately, but the kit will show you what is used for the job. The kits will not include the actual chimney pipe which will vary with the height of the installation.

For example, this is with DuraVent's DuraPlus value line of chimney. The better product is DuraTech.
Will be replacing everything there except the stove, will move it away from the wall for proper clearances

Will be replacing everything there except the stove, will move it away from the wall for proper clearances
Sounds good. It will need to be at least 36" from combustibles unless the stove has the UL label on it with closer clearances. The red tile wall behind it is not a proper wall shield. The clearance can be reduced to 12" with proper wall shielding. Here is a primer on the topic:
The clearance can be reduced to 12" with proper wall shielding.

Sounds good. It will need to be at least 36" from combustibles unless the stove has the UL label on it with closer clearances. The red tile wall behind it is not a proper wall shield. The clearance can be reduced to 12" with proper wall shielding. Here is a primer on the topic:
The clearance can be reduced to 12" with proper wall shielding.
Thank you I just have been having lots of trouble finding 8” kits on any big box store websites and I want to just use chimney pipe on the exterior no chimney after I tear the old one down

Download the installation manual for installing DuraTech chimney. It's well illustrated and will answer many questions. This is a good site to order from. Ask for Sean to help you put together a package:
www.woodstovepro.com

Reactions: Danny m