Need Pic of Working Meridian Door/Gasket, Pls?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

catosixtails

Jul 1, 2018
New Mexico
Hi,

Does anyone out there have a working Meridian stove, circa 1980's? Please send me a picture of the inside of your door / gasket!?!

I bought a stove on the Internet and the gasket appears to have been improperly repaired. Am trying to set it right so the stove can be used, but am unsure what has been done and what has to be undone -- or what it should look like when properly fixed. Looks like there is a channel there that had a gasket that was not properly removed -- but am unsure. No one will touch it here - they're afraid of breaking the glass. Pic attached. (That black stuff is glue with a gasket impression, but for all I know there is a second gasket buried in that channel.)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpg
    IMG_3723.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 188
Hi,

Does anyone out there have a working Meridian stove, circa 1980's? Please send me a picture of the inside of your door / gasket!?!

I bought a stove on the Internet and the gasket appears to have been improperly repaired. Am trying to set it right so the stove can be used, but am unsure what has been done and what has to be undone -- or what it should look like when properly fixed. Looks like there is a channel there that had a gasket that was not properly removed -- but am unsure. No one will touch it here - they're afraid of breaking the glass. Pic attached. (That black stuff is glue with a gasket impression, but for all I know there is a second gasket buried in that channel.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
Did you ever have any luck with this? The manual says nothing about a gasket. The glass is supposed to be inset in CFC. What I can’t figure out is how or if you’re supposed to have a full seal. There’s a notch in the top of my door, and it seems it’s the source of smoke occasionally puffing out. Trying to understand how to remedy this.IMG_5075.jpegIMG_5076.jpegIMG_5077.jpegIMG_5079.jpegIMG_5079.jpeg

View attachment IMG_5074.jpeg

View attachment IMG_5078.jpeg

View attachment IMG_5080.jpeg